8/2/26

An Open Letter to Steve Cohen

This wasn't supposed to happen 

Dear Mr. Cohen,
  In October 2020, you purchased a 95% controlling stake of the New York Mets from the Wilpon/Katz Group. As a fellow Mets fan out of early 1970s Great Neck coming off the Wilpon regime with dark memories of M. Donald Grant and the Tom Seaver trade always lurking, I was thrilled. Finally, our prayers for legitimate, competent cownership had been answered (and as I told my friend, "Hey! He's one of us!"). I still believe that's true but something in the results so far seems to have gone awry.

Your approach of building a sustained winning frachice through a strong farm system and responsible spending is the way the Yankees, Dodgers and Cardials hae been doing it fr many decades now. I know it'll work but, in my opinion, there's currently a fly in the ointment by the name of David Stearns who hasn't done well with your investment.

No comments: